The Tax Take
Property’s biggest problem needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency
Finding a tax issue to write about every week isn’t usually a problem, but in recent times, the problem is that the tax system has been hydra-headed, with too many demands competing for attention. Government attention and public resources are limited and we need to prioritise matters, especially those which we in Ireland can directly influence.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.