The Tax Take
Inheritance tax is simply a heartless encroachment by the state into a family bereavement
There’s often an element of begrudgery when it comes to tax matters. The notion that some other person or business might be paying less than you do is like finding yourself in the slower-moving queue in the supermarket. There’s a sense of irritation that not only are you in the wrong place at the wrong time, there is little you can do about it.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.