The Tax Take
Budget 2017 should have been more proactive as the countdown to Brexit begins
Ireland must be unique in the way we respond to the most important event of the year for tax policy: the budget. In other countries, tax issues don’t receive anything like the same level of attention as they do here, and usually the political debate is polarised in left-wing/right-wing terms.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive