Texting has been ubiquitous for years. But I was present at its birth in Ireland
It’s increasingly difficult to remember that there was a time when texting didn’t exist. A time before SMS, WhatsApp and Messenger when people had to rely on letters, faxes and telexes (look it up). These were the primary non-verbal ways to have your say.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.