The Tax Take: A money-back guarantee?
Using the tax system to change people’s behaviour doesn’t always have the desired effect
And so to a New Year and a new tax. That’s according to Taoiseach Leo Varadkar, who said last week that he wanted to see a decision taken about carbon tax for 2020.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive