The Tax Take: What the main parties’ manifestos say
Labour has a book of ideas which may never be read; the Conservatives are likely to end up governing having made few promises
There has been a recent surge of support for the Labour Party in Britain. Some polling suggests that the party could have knocked as much as a third off the Conservatives’ lead in the last fortnight. But while a political party that crosses the threshold of 30 per cent support could reasonably demand to be a senior partner in the next government here, the British landscape is different.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive