The Tax Take Budget 2019 special
The budget is likely to leave most of us slightly better off, but don't go breaking out the champers and party hats
A national budget’s primary objective is to ensure that the money which the government proposes to spend on public services and governance can be met by the taxes raised and other sources of funds. Masking this humdrum reality is that the budget is one of the few government exercises which affects each and every single person in the country.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive