The Tax Take: Britain tips its hand on Brexit at last
Some kind of epiphany is taking place in Westminster, but it’s almost two years too late
As a negotiating party to this whole Brexit business, the European Union can only play with the hand it has been dealt. At this stage in the negotiations, that hand is the Chequers “future relationship” White Paper. If only for the purposes of the EU/British negotiations, this document has an existence outside of the shenanigans of Westminster. While there may be squabbles over who cut the deck of cards in the first place, or indeed whose turn it is to deal, it is the hand Michel Barnier and his negotiating team have been dealt.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.