The Tax Take with Brian Keegan
With the new regulation framework in the US, the pace of regulation has picked up. Whether that’s good remains to be seen
The current storm over the use of funds at Templemore Garda College pushes the normally dull topic of financial regulation into the limelight. Regulation is like the nut which holds the wheel on the car. You don’t appreciate its importance until the wheel falls off. Good regulation stops bad things happening. Excellent regulation confers a competitive advantage. Well-regulated countries are safer to invest in, and businesses with a good record of regulatory compliance often do better because an enhanced reputation generates and retains customers. Such is the theory at least.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive