The Tax Take with Brian Keegan: Getting the balance wrong on both sides of the pond
The tax incentive regime is going too far in the States, while the EU has been over-zealous in regulating competition
If you’re in New York around St Patrick’s Day, you realise that little enough local news gets an airing compared to the wall-to-wall coverage of the parade and the celebrations. Breaking through the wall of shamrock, however, were comments by the New York mayor Bill de Blasio about the use of incentives to attract business.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.