Tax deadline: your guide to pay and file
As the deadline for filing your 2016 tax return approaches, tax expert Alan Moore walks you through the process, step by step
Under the pay and file system, October 31, 2017 is the date by which you must pay any balance of income tax owing for 2016 and preliminary tax for 2017. It is also the date by which you must file your tax return for 2015. For those who pay and file online, an extended deadline of November 14 applies.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive