Tax change 'could prevent another Apple'
Report's suggestions would make multinationals pay more in a bid to reduce corporation tax volatility
The government published a landmark report into Ireland’s corporate tax system by UCC economist Seamus Coffey yesterday. Running to 140 pages, it’s a dense read. Paschal Donohoe has shown no signs of acting on it any time soon, announcing a consultation period which will precede any meaningful changes.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive