Targeting small guy for tax hikes
Two new reports on taxation recommend ‘smoothing’, i.e. raising, of corporation and property tax
There were two important reports into the Irish tax system published this year, of which this week’s Coffey Report on Irish corporation tax is the most recent. Seamus Coffey’s terms of reference were to assess whether Ireland observes best practice in how we exchange tax information on our corporate taxpayers with other countries, whether we meet our commitments for cross-border tax reform under the OECD programme known as BEPS, and also to assess how even-handed and predictable the Irish tax system is for companies.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive