System meant to replace PAYE does not suit SMEs
From January 1, 2019, the PAYE system will no longer exist. Employers have to submit their proposed weekly wages to a Revenue computer which will tell them what deductions to make for each employee. It is a purely electronic system, with the information transmitted via the internet.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.