Europa Hotel owner backs second Brexit referendum
Howard Hastings, who runs seven successful hotels in the North, sees the British vote to leave the EU as a ‘monumental folly’
It’s Tuesday evening in Belfast, and in the lobby of the Europa Hotel, a steady stream of music fans of a certain age are filing excitedly up the stairs and into the ballroom. They have each paid between £295 and £450 for a ticket to see one of Ireland’s – and the world’s - musical icons perform in an intimate, cabaret-style show.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive