Sterling set for third week of decline as shares slip after Barcelona
European share prices slid following yesterday's terrorist attacks in Spain
Sterling was on track for its third weekly decline against both the euro and the dollar while share prices across Europe slid following the terrorist attacks in Spain which added to growing investor unease over US foreign policy paralysis and lingering tensions over North Korea.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.