Stephen Vernon: Personal guarantees made the system toxic
Green Properties boss on the banking inquiry and the mania behind the economic crash
It’s the morning of the publication of the report of the Banking Inquiry as Green Properties boss Stephen Vernon sits in his fifth floor office on Hatch Street and wonders what weight, if any, the politicians will give to the role of personal guarantees in causing the property related financial crisis.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.