Spotify won’t sell out despite losses – chief executive
"My biggest advice for entrepreneurs is don’t ever sell."
Spotify chief executive Daniel Ek said the music streaming service will never sell out to a large US tech firm. Other rising tech stars such as King Digital Entertainment and Mojang sold for billions in recent times.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive