Softly, softly approach is key to success of pen sion auto-enrolment
Behavioural economics show that workers will opt out if contribution rates are hiked up before they develop a savings habit
There are few more important decisions than how we prepare for our retirement. Making informed decisions about retirement options can have a huge impact on people’s future income and quality of life. Unfortunately this message hasn’t reached two out of three private sector workers, who will be totally reliant on the state pension for their income and will face severe cuts in living standards during their retirement years.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.