Social media-savvy artists bid farewell to the garret
The stereotype of the starving artist might soon be a thing of the past, thanks to social media. Dublin-born Fran Halpin has been working internationally as a full-time commercial artist since her graduation from DIT, Fine Art in 1997. Her first solo show takes places in Dublin’s Smock Alley on June 2, and Halpin has already sold 80 per cent of the work after building up a presence on social media.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive