Smurfit rebuffs International Paper bid again
Smurfit said the offer “fails entirely to reflect the group’s superior prospects as an independent business"
Paper and packaging group Smurfit Kappa has again rejected a takeover attempt by rival International Paper, which revealed late last night that it was prepared to pay up to €8.6 billion for the Irish company.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive