United Airlines: Selling a plane seat twice is pure greed
Overbooking and bumping passengers is perfectly legal but in other industries, it would be fraud
It has never been easier to destroy your company in a few seconds. In 1991 Gerard Ratner wiped £500 million from the value of his eponymous brand overnight by explaining that the reason that he could sell his jewellery at such a low price was “because it’s total crap”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive