A second helping of six of the best
Last week, I focused on six individuals and events that shaped the media and marketing world in 2018. Now, here are six more
Shane Lynch is one of the members of the middle-aged outfit known (ironically, these days) as Boyzone. In November, he turned up to The Late Late Show fashionably late, only to be confronted by that video clip. Filmed 24 years previously, it featured a much younger Boyzone dancing around the Late Late’s set while Uncle Gaybo looked on in wonder. Lynch didn’t see the funny side and, in his own inimitable style (tattooed around the neck), told Ryan Tubridy: “Here’s the story behind that clip, I busted my bollocks to get here, do ya see that clip? You can shove it up your fucking hole. That’s what you could do with your clip.” Good old Shane, once again generously contributing to the gaiety of the nation.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.