Scrum for a €1bn pot
Hosting the Rugby World Cup in 2023 would bring big money into our economy, writes Philip Connolly
Ireland are scheduled to open their World Cup campaign against Canada at the Millennium Stadium on September 19, before taking on Romania at Wembley eight days later, Italy at the Olympic Stadium on October 4, and France in Cardiff seven days after that.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.