Riyal to the rescue? Galway United consider a possible Saudi investment
Members of the co-operatively owned League of Ireland club are set to vote on a potentially transformative takeover
As World Cup fever grips football lovers across the globe, Irish viewers could have had some sympathy for Saudi Arabia who, despite early signs of industry, fell to hosts Russia in the opening game of the tournament by five goals to nil. At least the Saudis made the finals, and recent revelations that a Saudi investor is on the cusp of taking over Galway United could result in an influx of Saudi players to the League of Ireland.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.