Remember the water charges washout?
Without choices, a carbon tax is simply a tax. We must provide greener alternatives first, and then charge for them later
There’s a saying that it is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. Judging from the outcome of the European and local elections, where the relative success of Green party candidates is being taken as a strong hint to all of us to stop burning fossil fuels, is it now actually better to curse the candle than light the darkness?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.