Reduced mandate for Brexit may give us breathing space
The results of the British election may ultimately buy Irish businesses more time to prepare for Brexit
The British electorate have now been asked twice if they want to stay as members of the European Union. One of the few coherent messages coming from Thursday’s British general election result is that leaving the EU is the unequivocal will of the British people. Over 90 per cent of the seats in Westminster were won by members of parties which accept that Brexit must happen.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive