The real cost of print’s decline
Print journalism is under threat, but it is a vital part of our democracy and we stand to lose too much if it goes
‘The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspaper” was the jaundiced view of the third US president, Thomas Jefferson. American presidents continue to have a difficult relationship with the press but journalism today occupies a somewhat more elevated position in society.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.