A proactive stance to engage the very young will ensure that our democracy is protected
Fake news is nothing new. What makes the contemporary iteration so virulent is the speed and scale of what is possible
A 2005 study found that almost half of African Americans believed that HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, was man-made. This theory was one actively spread by the Soviet Union during the 1980s. As Sun Tzu wrote, “If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive