How Steorn pulled the plug on its decade-long promise of free energy
It claimed to have rewritten the laws of physics - but not even €23 million could save Steorn
The doors are shut; the staff laid off; the shareholders have been notified: Steorn, the controversial Irish company that promised free energy in defiance of the laws of physics, is set to be liquidated.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.