The FAI is playing politics on a barren pitch
Unless we reform the inept FAI, we will keep losing to the Serbias of the world again and again
There was a moment, a mere 18 years ago but it seems like a lifetime: a Euro 2000 qualifier where a Yugoslavian side turned up at Lansdowne Road with so much household talent that ‘...vić’ ran off local tongues as if the last letter of their players’ surnames carried no more than a fada.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.