Out with the touts
Can new legislation really put an end to ticket price gouging?
At this time of year, many people enjoy going out to concerts and festivals. However, if the event is a popular one, the chances are that when the tickets went on sale at 8am one day last winter, you were unable to access the website from your computer and discovered that, within five minutes, hundreds of tickets were for sale on the black market for twice the price.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.