The old chestnut of retirement age
Changes to the state pension rules opened the floodgates, and the norm of retiring at 65 is starting to disappear
The prospect of retirement conjures up different ideas, depending on your view. For some, it is seen as the light at the end of the tunnel when they are finally granted the freedom to do all the things they wanted to do.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive