O’Brien’s Digicel loses legal battle over Jamaican takeover deal
British Privy Council rules country’s competition regulator had right to intervene in Claro merger
Digicel, Denis O’Brien’s Caribbean telecoms group, has lost a long-running case against Jamaica’s competition enforcer over its takeover of the island’s third-biggest mobile operator in 2011.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive