We need to talk about bankers’ pay packets
Opinion is divided over whether to lift the banking pay cap, but let’s at least have a debate about it
Later this month, at its annual general meeting, AIB’s bosses will seek approval from the bank’s shareholders to make deferred share payments to dozens of its senior executives.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive