The big correction: Murray on pensions
While their days are numbered, defined benefit pension schemes remain a serious issue for employees and employers alike
Defined benefit pension schemes are withering on the vine, but many still exist, and beneficiaries - past and present - need to contemplate the impacts on their funds’ ability to pay out against the background of troubled capital markets hitting both equities and gilts.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive