M&S to close stores as profits dip
19 per cent dip sends around 60 stores to the chopping block
Retailer M&S has announced a dip of almost 19 per cent in its underlying profits before tax for the last six months, and signalled plans to close about 60 British stores.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.