Qatar 2022 'could be a car crash' for TV rights holders
With millions of euro at stake, television stations have to weigh up the odds carefully when bidding for sports events
Four presidents graced the podium at Moscow’s Stadion Luzhniki last Sunday as France lifted the 2018 World Cup. Putin, Macron and Grabar-Kitarovic all got wet in the downpour, but for FIFA president Gianni Infantino, it was all sunshine – commercial sunshine.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive