McGann’s presence calms Aryzta investors
The former Smurfit Kappa boss has his work cut out to turn around the food firm
‘If I were ten years younger, I’d jump at it, but I’m not unfortunately,” Gary McGann said midway through an hour-long discussion about whether he’d be interested in taking on an increased executive role at Aryzta, the struggling food company for which he had signed up as part-time chairman just before Christmas.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive