From the archive: Matt Cooper meets Peter Sutherland
Now he faces his greatest challenge: the refugee crisis
Peter Sutherland has taken to Twitter with gusto. To those who know the man with arguably the most impressive CV achieved by an Irishman in public life – former attorney general in Ireland, EU Commissioner, director-general of the World Trade Organisation, partner in investment bank Goldman Sachs, chairman of oil giant British Petroleum, to name just a few of his past roles – this enthusiasm, engendered by his current new position, comes as no surprise.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.