Market Talk with Ian Guider
How long Ireland can borrow money at super-low levels remains to be seen. This will have big implications
A senior banking executive whose institution has since departed these shores was fond of telling a story to most people he met. He recalled, not long after the bank guarantee in 2008, being personally contacted by an elderly individual who wanted to place a significant six-figure deposit with his institution, but would only do so after a long chat about the bank’s credit rating, the outlook for deposit rates, and where Ireland’s sovereign bond yields might go.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive