Market Talk with Ian Guider
Dublin’s attractiveness to London-based financial institutions may not be what we think it is
The finance world has excelled itself at creating layer upon layer of complex products that even their designers probably barely understand. Across Europe, almost €1 trillion of financial contracts pass through London’s clearing houses daily. It is a vital cog in the financial wheel. Every buyer and every seller of shares, currencies, bonds, derivatives and a myriad of other securities, knows that their trade will be settled when it passes through a clearing house.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive