Ian Guider's Market Talk
KBC’s decision to stay in Ireland is just what our shrunken banking sector needs
There were sighs of relief from KBC Bank’s 1,000 staff in Ireland when their parent company in Belgium finally announced it would be keeping control of its business here. That the group chief executive Johan Thijs flew into Ireland to talk about the decision is a sign of how important it was for the bank, and that exiting this country was a real possibility.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive