Ian Guider's Market Talk
Brexit? No fear on this side of the Irish Sea, but British retailers are feeling the chill
There will be a little bit of a sigh of relief that the pre-Christmas data on the economy turned out to be just about decent enough. As I wrote last week, there was a big fear in government circles that retail sales would collapse in the run-up to Christmas.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive