The many differing degrees of success
Don’t despair if university is not for you: there are plenty of other routes to a glittering career, writes Breda Dooley
Richard Branson, Michael Dell, Bill Gates and Kim Kardashian don’t have one, and neither do Niall Horan or Rory McIlroy. But for the more than 55,000 young people who are receiving their Leaving Cert results and CAO offers this month, a degree might seem like the only route to a successful and rewarding career.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.