The lowdown: ensuring data protection compliance
Businesses should take steps to ensure they have it covered
Big data is rapidly becoming a multibillion euro industry. At its simplest, it refers to the aggregation and analysis of large amounts of data in such as way as to make it valuable to business, competitiveness or efficiency. It is characterised by the four Vs: volume, variety, velocity and value.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive