Lessons to learn after a lost decade
Ireland’s over-reliance on the construction sector in 2007 left the country in a very vulnerable state
Ireland does not do normal when it comes to economic growth. The country has a long history of episodes of vigorous growth being followed by a painful reversal. The past decade has been the most notable example of this.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive