The reign of subscription TV companies is coming to an end
The nature of sports broadcasting changes with every passing season and the pace of that change is accelerating
Last week’s Up For The Match on RTÉ was a traditional, time-honoured way of marking an All-Ireland hurling final. The actual coverage of the game, on the other hand, was a long way removed from the way TV covered finals of years gone by.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive