The big correction: Kinsella on economics
It wasn’t actually the end of the world on the markets last week. Some wealthy people lost some pseudo-wealth. That’s all
‘The markets are in turmoil,’ squeals one headline. ‘Chaos grips Wall Street,’ hyperventilates another. ‘Yet another whipsaw day,’ squawks an announcer clearly thinking and speaking in ALL CAPS. ‘Markets close to correction territory’ quietly sobs another headline as its writer presumably breathes heavily into a brown paper bag.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.