Jill Kerby: Financial Matters
Don’t waste time waiting for the state’s pension unicorn
If I was a financial adviser – and I am not – I would have a sign on my door that read “Auto-enrolment pension? Abandon hope all ye who enter here”. Counting on the government to meet its 2022 deadline for the introduction of a universal private pension scheme was both unrealistic and untenable.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.